Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quick intro




If you’re reading this, chances are you know some of what happened.  I have been diagnosed, treated, and am recovering from thyroid cancer.

If you're reading this, chances are you helped me in some way.  And for that, I am so completely grateful.

If you're reading this, chances are you are wondering where I am with things.  I have been vague and noncommittal, and have not spoken to many people, even those who have helped me out greatly.
This recovery process has left a lot in its wake, and as this year folds over on the events that took place in my diagnosis and treatment, I am in quite a bad mental state.  I have not been able to pick up my life, or shift into a new one.  I am still recovering, and still not sure of what is on the other.

So, I am blogging.  I am blogging, because as events come up again, I want to get them down.  I want to remember how they were.  What they were.  Instead of dwelling on it, I want to make it real.

Cancer is cancer.  Everyone’s story is different.  Mine has been described as “the Cadillac of cancers”  Stage one.  No metastasis.  No symptoms.  So, what the hell am I doing dragging this out?  I should be better by now!!

I’m not.  I want to be, but this takes time.  And there’s a lot for me to learn and let go of on the way.  The blog is more than memories.  It's anything that comes up.  

This is my chance to start speaking out, instead of holding in.  I've done that for way too fucking long.

No comments:

Post a Comment